Friday, January 5, 2007

Ghost Ride It By Mistah F.A.B.




(This is a old post I made at Photobucket but I decided to move it here instead)

I was browsing the internet using my Firefox 2.0 and using Trillian (AOLIM client). All of a sudden someone instant message me. He was wondering where he can find an Ectomobile from the movie Ghostbusters because he is making a big production music video. So I told him he can ask Sean for it from http://www.proptopia.com/ . He goes by the name of Venkman 71. He has a replica of it.

The only problem is, Sean is in the process of selling it to someone he knows that own an ice cream parlor in another state. So it's now on display over there. Sean is working on a 2nd Ectomobile but it's not done yet.

I also told him he has to get permission from Sony if he is going to use that Ghostbusters' car. He told me that the artist is sign on to Sony.

Well, anyway, several days passed and I asked him if he ever contected Sean about the Ectomobile and he said yes. He told me that they bringing the car back to California for him to use it.

I also asked him if I could come by and watch them make the music video. I never seen a music video done before. I have seen t.v. shows and movies made before but never a music video. He told me that I can come by and watch.

I went there and they let me take pictures there. I had a good time there and I talk to a few people there. I asked him how they sync up the video and the music so it will match. He told me that the video and the music are timed and they have the digital clap board. So that's how they can sync the music and video together. I learn something new! :)

I saw the Ectomobile again. The first time I saw it was in Chatsworth when I was driving and I just happen to see it parked on the street next to a Cadilac place. I was happy and sad. Why? The first time I saw it, it was almost show room perfect. But the second time I saw it, it's starting to show it's ago, wear and tear, and rust is starting to appear.

Now the replica Ectomobile is going to have some fame now. It will appear in Mistah Fab music video called "Ghost Ride It". So when the Ectomobile is back on display at the Ice Cream Parlor, people who end up watching Mistah Fab music video will ask the owner of the Ice Cream Parlor, "Did that car appear in Mistah Fab's music video?" and the owner will say, "Yes, that's the original replica Ectomobile that appeared in his music video." :)

(UPDATE: 1-5-06)

Sean decided to convert the Ecto 1 back into a hearse what it was originally. The reason is, he is already working on the 2nd Ecto 1 that will be more movie accurate.

Here's the link to the pictures

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/secrecyguy/Mistah%20Fab/


I made a small tiny appearance in his video. Look for me as a tourist with a camera in the background. It will be on MTV Jams (Channel MTVJ) all week long starting January 8.

(UPDATE: 1-8-07)

The premiere of the music video have been pushed back until next week. So it will show on MTVJ starting January 15.

(UPDATE: 1-15-07)

There was a delay in the premiere of the music video because of re-editing. It will be on next week starting 1-22-07.

(UPDATE: 1-23-07)

The music video will start showing on MTVJ and MTV2 starting the week of January 29 Monday.

[UPDATE : 1-31-2007]

Here's the link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXsv5T4-Quw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJNtImvTDL8
http://www.mtv2.com/#videoPremiere/1550936

I only appear for 2 seconds so if you have trouble finding me, I include a still picture of me in the Photo Bucket.

[UPDATE: 2-6-2007]

Here's the first unedited version of the music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YSCRWAjDU

(WARNING)

I just want to add this. We had a discussion about it at another forum. Ghost riding a car is a very dangerous activity. There have been lots of cases where people got killed doing this. This music video was done professionally with safety in mind. They took every steps to make sure no one get hurt in the making of this music video. Please do not attempt this. Thanks.

key search words : craig c. chen craig chen craig c chen mistah fab mister fab ghost riding 101 atlantic records ghost ride it los angeles music video ghost ridin' 101 sean t-produced ghostbusters ectomobile ecto 1 ecto 1a ghost ride ghost town da yellow bus rydah sean bishop mistah f.a.b.

No comments: